Sunday, August 24, 2014

Week 1 Storybook Favorites

Tales of Love


The first thing that I found interesting about this storybook is the background that is on the storybook page. The mystical, dreamy background really brings out the title of the storybook, Tales of Love. After I began exploring the storybook, I realized that this is a unique storybook because it allows the reader to choose the ending of the story from the beginning. I liked the fact that the author provided her own understanding and explanation of love in the introduction. I also like how she introduced the characters in the introduction. I believe this allows the reader to get to know the characters more and base their decision on ending choice after getting to briefly know the characters.



I really liked the initial appearance of this storybook. The font choice and vibrant colored background really brings the storybook to life. The images look like they are out of a children’s book and help to add to the personality of the story. I like how the author creates a mystical “Zoo Trolley” within the readers mind and acts like she is the director of the trolley. It allows for a more personal interaction between the author and the reader and really draws the reader in. I like how the “Zoo Trolley” takes them to different locations and how she actually instructs everyone to “hop out of the trolley”, maintaining her role as trolley director throughout the stories.  



I like how the author uses a cartoon image of India on the front page of the storybook. It really draws the readers’ attention to the overall travel theme of the storybook. I like how this storybook is different from the others I explored because it focuses on the author’s personal desires and fantasy exploration. I enjoyed the dialog throughout the author’s trip. The dialog, along with the engaging descriptions of places, really helps to paint a picture in the readers’ mind of what the author is dreaming about. I like how the author includes an author’s note on the stories because it allows the reader to engage better with the author because it provides a brief background into the author’s thoughts and feelings while writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment