Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Reading Diary Week 8


I believe that the reading diaries are helpful to outline the reading. I really like reading outlines a lot more than I like reading tedious information with a lot of stuff that is rather irrelevant. I like to quick read because it allows me to catch the main idea of everything. I am able to remember locations within a story, so if I need to go retrieve something specific, I can. As I am quick reading, I will quickly note down important things that happen in a Word document. I like to include things like major characters or new characters that are just being introduced. I also like to include major plot ideas. I think by focusing on the major events within a story allows me to think more in-depth about the overall message of the story, instead of worrying about every little detail that is not relevant to the story. I also like the reading diaries because they are useful for when I am going back to write a story for the storytelling on Wednesday. If I were given a quiz instead of a reading diary, the reading would turn into busy work. I think that the reading diaries are better than quizzes because they are more useful. I have used my reading diaries to remember specific stories, especially when I am reading other people’s stories or thinking about my own stories for the storybook project. I think it would be cool if I started including a picture in my reading diaries from now on. I think this would allow me to visually connect with a story when I go back and look over my reading diary when writing the storytelling stories. Also, I just think pictures bring the stories to life and look a lot better on a blog!


(Wishbone, one of my favorite TV shows as a kid, and his books. Credit TVTropes.org)

No comments:

Post a Comment